Monday, October 3, 2011

Top 10 review, smiles and frowns


Well here it is, I’m finally sitting down to make this post. I really had to take extra time and think about what I wanted to say because after this week there really is a lot to say. So bear with me guys this is going to be a LONG one, but I promise it will be worth it.

Let start off with a few things that I need to address I need to tell you guys about the top ten list I made earlier and what teams did successfully get the win and which ones took the L. Ok well I am going to give you the list of teams that I picked just in-case you didn't see me previous post or you don't feel like scrolling down.

10. Tennessee Titans 

          9. Houston Texans 
                     8. Dallas Cowboys 
                              7. Oakland Raiders 
                                       6. Washington Redskins 
                                                 5. New York Jets 
                                                           4. New England Patriots 
                                                                      3. Green Bay Packers 
                                                                                2. Detroit Lions 
                                                                                         1. Buffalo Bills

I did it up all fancy like too, okk starting with #10 the Titans. They got a win this week against the Browns who are suffering a little but still aren't a horrible team when they are matched against and equal opponent. Matt Hasselback threw 3 touchdowns (TD) in the first half which is very impressive for any QB. Although the Browns lost Colt McCoy did throw for 350 yards in the game and came away with 40 quality completions. They didn't win but still put forth a good effort on the ground and in the air. For some reason they could not finish when they reached the end zone. The score at the end of the game was 31-13 Titans.

Ok the next team #9 Texans faced the Steelers this week and ooohh boyy did I love this game. I support and root for the Steelers but the way the Texans took control of this game from beginning to end was just solid football! I was so excited during this game because at the start you may have thought the Steelers would have run through the Texans but they came to play and were ready for this game. The Texans started off with a bang and in 19 plays drove the ball down the field finishing with the TD. Everything was going in the favor for the Texans for basically the whole game but their Achilles heel was penalties. If the Texans avoided the 2 major penalties they received they would have gotten 2 more TD in the game. Looking at the Steelers who just couldn't seem to get it together I just saw a frustrated team. QB Ben Roethlisberger threw to wide receiver Mike Wallace for a 22yd pass but then the play received a penalty (unsportsman like conduct) and was called back 15yds. They were almost able to capitalize on a fumble made by the Texans but they went for a field goal and it was wide right. During the first half the Steelers as you can see just couldn't get it to click. After half time they started to play Steelers football but it was either too late or the Texans had already made up in their mind that they were not going to lose. All in all Ben got sacked 5 times this game and just when they had a chance to tie the game the Texans punt pinned them down at the 1yd line with only 1:13 left on the clock. For next week the Steelers know what they need to fix for sure to make sure they shake off this lose.

Next up is my favorite the #8 Dallas Cowboys; I hope you all know I am completely joking when I said that. But the Cowboys played the Lions who were #2 on my list. Since everyone wants to praise Tony Romo for being the super hero that he isn't he finally showed himself again this week. They were hott in the beginning of the game where Tony threw for 3 TD's. Great good job Tony, but wait you then in the second half you manage to throw for 3 interceptions. SO in my book that makes you average. Yeah the TD's are great but the interceptions are what lost them the game. The Lions were able to capitalize twice on the interceptions thrown by Romo. And by capitalize I mean get a touchdown. The game came down to the 4th quarter where the Lions outscored the Cowboys 17-0 in one quarter. This is huge and ultimately where the Lions won the game. Mind you they did work on the field too with both offense and defense, but that 17 point deficit for the Cowboys is something they could not get back. Final score 34-30 Detroit.

The #7 Raiders played the #4 Patriots, ok let’s be honest we know the Raiders were on a high from their week 3 win against the Jets but it’s the Patriots and we all know they come to play. Come to play they did putting a serious hurt on the Raiders during their game. Jason Campbell did throw for almost a hundred more yards than Tom Brady but for some reason they couldn't find the end zone. Although his two interceptions also didn't help them get any closer to scoring. I have to say I saw this lose coming so I’m not that surprised, still wishing they could have put forth a better effort. The final score was 31-19 Patriots.

The Redskins #6 played St.Louis again almost the same this as the Raiders, we know the Rams aren't the best team and this win is just a matter of getting your defense to do the job. Plus the Redskins are on a good run of finishing the games they need to get their wins. Redskins win 17-10.

Monday Night football might have been my favorite game of the day if not second favorite. The #5 Jets played the Ravens and such sweet vindication to witness the Ravens defense just run thru the Jets. Going into my personal side, many Jets fans had the nerve to talk trash to me about the Eagles losing so watching them lose was that much sweeter. Back to the facts, the Jets have missed the mark for the second week in a row to teams that they should have semi- easily taken down no problem. From the start this game was bad for the Jets. This is simply because the Ravens came to play! Ravens were able to achieve 3 TD off of the 4 Jet turnovers! Simply that just can't happen if you expect to win. We all know the Raven's defense plays dirty! Way back when almost everyone called them the dirty birds because it gets real when they are on the field. They proved just how dangerous they are during this game. Sanchez was only able to get 119 yards this game and that is not going to get you that W. Raven get the win 34-17.

The #3 Packers clearly destroyed the Bronco's defense where Aaron Rogers achieved 408 yards. Can't even say much but most of this game was spent in the Bronco's end zone because the Packers were scoring. Well they are the defending super bowl champs for a reason. Final score 49-23.

Finally on the top ten list you have the #1 Buffalo Bills who faced their first lose. I was actually very upset when I reviewed this game. I was pulling for the Bills to continue their win streak but they feel short this week. This does not mean they cannot get things moving again this week it just means their perfect season is now out of reach. Fighting to the end with the Bengals managed to edge the Bills out with 48yd field goal with a little less than 2 min on left on the clock. Hard fought on both sides but I think the advantage of being at home was on the Bengals side they win 23-20.


I almost forgot the Vikings lost =(. I just don't know what wrong with this team. I feel like they are well rounded when looking at the offense and defense so I can't figure out what the missing piece of their puzzle is. I am more worried about the career of McNabb because when a team loses they look at the QB and the coach. Something’s got to get fixed with this team is they hope to get a win before their bye week. I hope they find their puzzle piece soon I'll keep my fingers crossed for them.

I’m done finallyy hope yall enjoyedd!!! =)

peaceouteverybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment